Every Mom needs an easy go to weeknight meal! This baked Salmon is not only delicious and healthy but it takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. We enjoy with steamed brown rice and steamed vegetables for a well-rounded meal!
1 (1½- to 2-pound) salmon filet, in 1 piece
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon minced shallots
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup minced fresh dill
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Heat the oven to 250 degrees. Place the salmon, meat side up, on a cutting board and feel along the surface of the flesh with your fingertips just above and below the midline. If you feel pin bones, pluck them out with tweezers or needle-nose pliers. Season the salmon with one-half teaspoon salt, or to taste, add lemon slices to top of salmon and place on a jelly-roll pan lined with lightly oiled aluminum foil.
2. When the oven is ready, place the pan with the salmon on the rack. Cook until a paring knife or toothpick penetrates the flesh easily, 25 to 30 minutes. Note that the flesh will be somewhat denser than usual and that it won’t change color as much as with other cooking methods.
3. While the salmon is cooking, prepare the dressing. Combine the mayonnaise, shallots, mustard and (fresh) dill in a food processor or blender or use a mortar and pestle and puree until fairly smooth. (Suggest you remove major stem, leaving minor shoots). There should still be some dots of herbs visible. Add lemon juice and puree again. Taste, correct seasoning and set aside.
4. When the salmon is done cooking, there will probably be some white collagen collected on the surface. Moisten a pastry brush with butter and baste salmon.
6. Serve the salmon on a large platter with a bit of the mayonnaise spooned to one side. Serve the remainder of the mayonnaise in a bowl to pass. Scoop up the salmon with a spoon, leaving the skin behind.
With hardly any effort from you, your family will think this meal is AweMazing!
Day 10 June Ab Challenge
30 Leg Raises