Ugh, the weekend is over already and now its time to refocus for the week. Why not start the week off with an easy crock-pot recipe that will take you minutes to prepare and will be a huge hit with the family. These Chinese Spare Ribs are tender with a ton of flavor. Serve with rice and steamed broccoli for a complete meal!
Hoisin Sauce (Chinese Black Bean Sauce)
1/4 cup of water
Juice from one orange
How to Slow Cook Pork Ribs
- Piece of pork ribs (uncooked) cut into sections (I prefer sections of three).
- Add a little water to bottom of crock-pot (about 1/8-1/4-cup water, and the juice from one orange. Stir until mixed completely.
- Place ribs in the crock-pot, and baste each rib with Hoisin sauce. Make sure to cover the entire rib for maximum flavor.
- Spoon remainder of sauce mix into the bottom of crock-pot to cover the bottom.
- Turn crock-pot to low heat and place cover over ribs.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until meat falls apart easily.
- Enjoy your ribs!
(OPTIONS – Chop onions and garlic and place on the bottom to thicken the sauce)
This meal is so easy it should take less than 5 minutes to prepare and your family will think you are absolutely AweMazing!