As you know by now I hate Mondays and I’m all about making my life easy on this dreaded day. This is why I like quick and easy dinner options! Since Friday was the first day of summer today I’m using some of those fresh fruits from the Farmers Market to make a Shrimp Quesadilla with Tropical Salsa. This recipe is so easy that it takes less than 15 minutes to make and fits perfectly into the summer theme! Dinner will be a breeze tonight and your family will think you’re AweMazing!
1 Lbs. peeled and deveined shrimp
Southwest Seasoning (I use Chef Paul’s Magic Southwest Fajita Seasoning)
1 Tsp. Olive Oil
1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Rinse shrimp with cold water and squeeze lime juice over shrimp. Sprinkle with seasoning and cover well.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp. Sautee 2 minutes or until shrimp reach desired doneness; remove from pan. Wipe pan with a paper towel
- Lightly butter one side of tortillas. Arrange shrimp on the non-buttered side of the tortilla and sprinkle with 1/3 C of cheese.
- Return pan to heat and place quesadilla in pan; cook 2 minute on each side or until browned.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve with Tropical Salsa. Yield: 4 Servings
1 Mango peeled and diced
2 Kiwis peeled and diced
1 Avocado cored and diced
1 Tomato diced
Cilantro (I use a handful)
2 TBS Lime
1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl and toss well.
Option: Blend salsa in a food processor for thinner salsa.
Serve with a side of Black Beans for a complete meal that will be AweMazing!
P.S. Are you following me on Twitter: http://www.Twitter.com/AweMazingMom