I love this time of the year; I love the colors, the smells, the crisp air and the festivities. This year, I am determined to be festive for Halloween, however I can’t bring myself to spend a whole lot of money on Halloween decorations. That’s why I was ecstatic when I came across these Spirit Jugs on Spoonful.com that I can make with my peanut. They are so easy and will light up the driveway for all the ghost and goblins on Halloween Night.
Stationed on a walkway or porch, these homemade lanterns will extend a ghostly greeting and good-bye to all your holiday visitors.
What you’ll need
- Clean plastic gallon milk jugs
- Black permanent marker
- Craft knife
- String of 50 clear low-wattage holiday lights
How to make it
- Draw ghost eyes and mouths on the jugs. Tip: Leave the caps on while you do this, so the jugs don’t dent.
- Use the craft knife to cut a half-dollar-size hole in the back of each jug (a parent’s job).
- Arrange the ghosts near each other and string the lights between them, stuffing several bulbs into each of the jugs.